Commissioning a Portrait or other Artwork by Isabella Allis
Isabella will collaborate with you throughout the process in order to achieve your vision for your portrait.
- Initial Discussion: to confirm all key aspects of your portrait: size, number of people in the portrait, medium, style, etc. This can be done in person, over the phone or e-mail
- The sitting and/or photo shoot: This could be at your home or in a setting of your choice. For the sitting, I like to work in charcoal or graphite to create a tonal sketch whilst talking to you, as this helps me to familiarize myself with your features and character. I then take some photos that I can use as reference for the oil painting. A live sitting is optional. If you would prefer me to work off an existing photo, that is fine so long as you can provide me with a high quality and resolution jpg file that includes a detailed close-up of the person's face.
- The Painting Process: takes place in my studio
- Painting Review: when the portrait is almost complete you will have an opportunity to have a look at the progress and let me know if there are any adjustments you would like me to make before the finishing touches.
- Delivery or unveiling of your portrait/ painting
Contact Isabella regarding your portrait or painting commission requirements by completing the form below